The full story is too long for Instagram. But you can see Kelly’s bio on her Facebook page. WHY I FARM: This seems to be a multi-part answer: First off, call it rebellion, anarchist spirit, or my do it yourself, die-hard self reliance. I’ve always been a bit of an outsider. Seeing things differently than the mainstream. Not wanting to be part of the masses and forging my own path. I started home gardening in 2010 because I wanted the satisfaction of growing my own food and also because I couldn’t afford to buy healthy, organic produce in the grocery store. Not to mention I hated not knowing what chemicals were put on my food or what went into it. To own my own business: The thought of not having to work on someone else’s terms for someone else’s benefit or for a cause I don’t whole heartedly support. Food sovereignty and food security. To not have to depend on a broken system to provide us with what we need to survive and thrive. Last but not least our love of cooking & food inspires us daily to seek out new and exciting ingredients that are not a risk to our health and well being. We yearn to grow things you can’t buy in a grocery store or that would just be far too expensive. These are a few of the reasons we farm :) - - - #flattackfarm #clarkcountygrown #csa #marketgardener #csaday #membersonly #nochemicals #organicallygrown #communitysupportedagriculture #eatseasonally #eatlocal #locallygrown #vanwa #vancouverwa #farmtofork #straightfromthefarm #pnwfarm #gardening #eatfresh #eatseasonal #womenwhofarm #whyifarm #punkrockfarmer #mybio


Comments